Tuesday, July 8, 2008

It's Been So Long

Block #9
Block #10
Block #11
Hi Everyone, I'm back. Sort of. I realized it's been a while since I posted anything. I have not been in a quilty mood. Today I finally put together blocks number 9, 10 and 11 for the Star Quilt Along on Amandajean's web page. As you can see, for #11 I did it the way they gave directions on the Quilters Cache page. And what is it about that scant 1/4"? Why can't they just give directions using the regular 1/4"? Most, if not all, of the Quilter's Cache block patterns use that scant quarter. I don't listen. I use a regular quarter. Tomorrow I will cut up fabric for the sashing and see about putting the borders together for Amandajean's first quilt along. I did that one too. The purple star blocks are the second quilt along, the pink blocks are the first.
I just finished my first block swap. That was fun. I was finally picked this month, so I am receiving blocks. I sent out all my blocks to all the lovely ladies in the swap. I was on a roll and just did them all at once. They were Friendship Blocks, also from Quilter's Cache. And of course, the Snowball Swap. The second batch is finished and I go off to the Post Office tomorrow to get them out. I put "fabric" on the envelope in hopes that they don't think there is anything valuable inside. The last batch I sent, I sent fabric pinned to the block, you know, "keep the piece", and maybe someone thought there was something valuable attached. Anyway, nothing attached this time. I also put my name labels all over the plastic bag so if the envelope does get ripped open, at least I might get my blocks back. Time to get back to cutting more fabric. Keep the piece. Renée

No comments: