Thursday, June 26, 2008

Blocks Lost In The Mail

Just another thought. I am a member of Eons.com. For all you youngsters, it is a group for all us people over 50. Anyway, within that group is a quilters group and I joined that. They decided to do a Friendship Block swap using snowball blocks with 30's fabric in the corners. I think I would have rather done the Friendship Star block, but that was what they decided on so off I went to find some 30's fabric and some unbleached muslin. No muslin, so off to the LQS I went and spent a weekend making the blocks and signing them. I even bought some fabric pens just for this undertaking. Well, after finishing them, I got my Priority Mail envelops together. We had to send a SASE with our blocks so the coordinator can send blocks back to us. Anyway, I spent almost an hour at the Post Office last week and sent everything out. Last Thursday I got an e mail from the coordinator telling me that the envelop was ripped in the back and the only thing in the envelop was my return envelop to her. All my blocks were lost. Now I need to do 30 more blocks. Yucky. I've got half of them done. I'll spend Sunday doing the other 15 and then I'll spend Monday back at the post office. Thank goodness there are some other ladies who haven't sent in their blocks yet, so no one is really waiting on me. We were supposed to have 30 blocks done and sent by the end of May and here it is almost the end of June and some of the ladies haven't even started. At least they know that I sent mine, even tho they were lost. Okay, just want to get that off my chest. We pay so much for stamps and services from the Post Office and they can't even take care of our envelops. I guess they don't care how they treat our packages, they just care about the paycheck at the end of the week. And to think that every time we buy stamps, it might be going into someones paycheck. You would think they would care about that more. Now I'm really going to bed. Take care. Renée

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh, how frustrating is that! I hope you're going to ask for compensation from the Post Office. I certainly would. I hate re-doing something that I thought I'd finished, so the best of luck with it.

Gina said...

How terrible. I would report it to the mail office, after all someone could have stolen your blocks. It does happen. I would kick up a huge fuss about it.

love and hugs xxx