Monday, June 2, 2008

Week 6 - Quilt Along Photos

Well, it's week 6 already. It's been going by very fast. This block was quick and easy to piece. Maybe I'm just getting better. Don't know. I received my current issue of Quilter's World and on page 80 is a pattern for a elongated tumbling block. I've always wanted to do a tumbling block quilt, but they seemed
too intimidating to me. This one is easy peasy. I'll post some pics later on. I'm just wondering, the pattern says that the block is 6" x 6". Does that mean finished, in the quilt, or unfinished, still a block? I've always wondered about that and it makes it difficult for me to square up a block. The quilt in the magazine is using red, blue, brown and green colors. I'm using pink, purple, brown and green. I'm using fabric from my stash and I haven't even put a dent in it. Oh, well. I have four 4" binders filled with patterns that I can make, so I'm not worried. Going back to my piecing. Have a good day. Keep the piece. Renée

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I've no advice to give you on the block size I'm afraid, apart from suggesting you email the magazine and ask them. Well done for actually starting a pattern that you've seen. I keep finding so many that I like that I can't seem to get round to starting any of them.