Thursday, June 26, 2008

Number 80

Hi,

Camera is broke. It dropped on the wood floor and the tab that covers the batteries cracked in half and now I have to tape it shut in order for it to work. Pain in the tush. I'm hoping to talk some relatives into buying me a new one for my birthday (in September). We shall see.

Tomorrow I go for a pedicure. Sheer heaven. After the pedi I go up to the Long Armer. I have two or three quilts to be quilted. One is a gift (first CC) and the other two could be one gift or two. It's the same quilt, I'm toying with using it as a reversible, or not. I'll wait and see what Cathy says when I get them to her. If she says no problem doing the quilting as a reversible, then a reversible it shall be. Saves on backing. Saturday is my tee shirt quilt class. Ally (my daughter) sent me the tee shirts she wanted to use in the quilt. She sent down 11. I think I'm not going to use that many. She sent one shirt that was navy, one shirt that was sort of a browny green, two that are black and the rest are white. I'm going to use just the black and white ones. I added a couple of mine, but she didn't go to those concerts, so she really doesn't want them in her quilt. I'll do my best with what I have and if I need to, I'll use the front and backs of the shirts. Jeff, the teacher, said we can do that and it will also make the quilt a bit bigger. So, it will either have nine, 12, 15 or 18 blocks. If I need to stretch it, I may be able to squeeze a few more blocks out of those shirts. The squares are 12 1/2 x 12 1/2 and the logos are so much bigger than that. So I'm going to have to cut some of them in half. If that happens, I will have double the amount of squares and I will be able to make the quilt bigger. I really don't think nine squares is big enough. We'll see. And I will take pictures. I might even take the camera, taped up and all, with me to class.

As I'm eating dinner, I've been going around the ring. When I got to mine, I realized that I haven't been here for a while. And I also got some comments on that fact. Sent off an e mail to Amanda, thanks for caring and now I'm letting you all know what's been happening.

I tried my hand in doing a really small (5" x 7") quilt project for another one of my groups. Thanks goodness only two other ladies decided to participate in this, so I only made two. First real project using appliqué and quilting. Although I didn't bind them. When I received one of the other participants quilt I realized that it wasn't bound, I decided not to bind mine either. I just can't figure out how to do it and I can't hand sew it down either. I just hope they like what I did. I'm a piecer, not an artist. These women do all sorts of fabric art stuff and they seem to have a more creative mind than I do, so I did my best at least.

I have a headache, I'm going to bed now. I'll be back either later tomorrow or not until Saturday night or Sunday morning. Have a wonderful weekend and do lots of quilty stuff. Renée

No comments: