Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Thinks I did this summer

This is a frog quilt that I made for my niece Joslyn. It is not quilted yet, as I have five tops at the LA already. I'll get to this one when those come home.
Le Ann Weaver of Persimmon Quilts collects autograph blocks to make QOV's (Quilts of Valor) for our wounded veterans. This time she put out a call for string autograph blocks. These are not them. My blocks are in an envelope ready to be mailed. This is what Renée does when she finds a new technique. She makes a whole bunch. Le Ann asked for one block and I sent 20 and then made this. Great way to use up strips of fabric.
This is a Seseme Street quilt that I've decided to give to Ally's friend Stephanie for her son Max. It also is not quilted yet. I've been looking through all my UFO's and this was one of them. So I've done three UFO's this summer, yippee.
This is my pink and white version of Bonnie Hunter's Smokey Mountain Stars. I'm still putting this one together. I have a few more rows to do and then I will attach the rows. This one if for ME. Finally.
These are the fabrics that I have taken out to make Bonnie's next mystery quilt. Those fabrics are actually green not blue. These are all fat quarters that I've rescued from my POD. I can't wait to get the other four boxes that are in there.

I'm also still making my Blue Ridge Beauty as a leader/ender. It is almost ready to be put into rows, but I have some more blocks to make.

Okay, Fay is wreaking havoc here and before I get zapped I'm going to get off. Take care and keep the piece. Renée

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Phew, you have been busy. Great quilts, especially the Smokey Mountain Stars. I haven't sorted out any fabric for Bonnie's new mystery, as I'm still deciding whether to do it or not. I've got so many other things I want to do that I may give it a miss this time.

Alycia said...

Sheesh - you have been up to a lot. I love the string blocks - you overachiever *grin*. I really like the sesame Street quilt too.

“Old World Goodies” said...

oh, wow haven't been here a while and you have been one busy lady... just a great job on these quilts and of course the selection of stash .......