Thursday, August 7, 2008

Updates

I have been busy piecing. Le Ann Weaver, from Persimmon Quilts, sent me an e-mail about their autograph blocks for quilts for the troops. The autograph block is a string block with a white stripe down the middle. I've never done a string block before, so I was intrigued to do this one. Le Ann did give one caveat, they are addicting. She was right. I didn't do just one, I did 20. They are now in an envelope waiting to go to the Post Office. I have some fabric that I had put away for Ally which I am now going to cut up into strings and do a string quilt.

I've also begun the Mystery Quilt #5 from webequilts.com. This was fun and I started late but caught up quickly. The last clue came out yesterday with the directions on how to lay out the quilt. I'll get to that part over the weekend. It was a red, white and blue quilt. I was going to do it for QOV, but then I decided to make it a little more juvenile so that I can give it to my niece on the birth of her baby in October.

I was also going to do the Fuzzy Tail quilt for Ally's baby. But she has informed me that I am making too many quilts. How can you make too many quilts? But she had a point, how many alphabet quilts does one need? Since I have already made an alphabet quilt for her, I don't really need to make another one. Maybe I'll use the fabric in a string quilt, lol.

I've finally made an appointment with the doctor. Of course she is so busy she can't see me until next Friday, the 15th. Good thing I'm not in dire need of an appointment. I'll give the update on that next week.

Now, let's see if I can upload the pictures. For some reason blogger was having trouble yesterday and my post didn't post and my pictures didn't upload. Here we go. Okay, now my camera is giving me fits. I really do need to get another one and soon. I'll work on this and get back if and when I fix it. Have a great day and keep the piece. Renée

2 comments:

Candace said...

Congratulations on your new grandbaby. It does sound like you may have an addiction, but a nice one.

Dionne said...

What fun projects you have going on! I have always wanted to do a string quilt. I'm saving my 'strings' but the project will have to wait. I'm looking forward to the pictures!