Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Update on my very good friend


I realized as I was reading my blog that I haven't let you all know how my friend is doing. Her husband called me right after the operation and said that everything went well and she was in recovery. Well, she called me when she got home and she was very glad that she was home. She felt a little weak but other than that she felt really good. Her friends and neighbors have been sending food over so she doesn't have to cook or go out. She said everyone has been really great and treating her like a Queen, which she is. She is going to need some after care, but they don't know if she will have chemo and/or radiation. They are still waiting for the pathology report.

On to better news. Ally went to the Doctor yesterday and she has gained a whole two pounds and she heard the baby's heartbeat. Next month they do a more intensive sonogram where they will be able to tell the sex. She wants to do the sonogram before she goes to the Doctor so that the Doctor will have the report on the sonogram when she goes for her next visit. Alex will go with her for the sonogram and hopefully to the next Doctor's visit.

Okay, that's it for the updates. I'm going to see if I can get a photo of Ally up here somewhere. Have a great day and enjoy the Olympics. Keep the piece. Renée

No comments: