Sunday, December 21, 2008

Next Mystery Project




Here are my fabric choices for the next mystery quilt that I have decided to do. One of the nice ladies on Quiltvillechat told us about this group, A Pocketfull of Mysteries, on yahoo. So, since I do not celebrate Christmas, I've decided to do this mystery as it starts the day after Christmas. I won't be busy with all the things that you are busy with after Christmas, so I should have loads of time to do this mystery. Lots of the women from Quiltvillechat will be here with me, so I won't be alone. It took me quite a while, at least four days, to finally decide on these fabrics. Thank goodness I asked for help and Dorothy Young, who runs Apocketfullofmysteries, said that they were okay. So, Thursday I will cut the fabrics, although the focus fabric is already cut, as I was using this come heck or high water. I might do another with the top fabrics, as I really don't know what to use those chili's for. I can make the duck one for my new grandbaby and I can donate the chile one. So, I will keep myself busy until I have to pack for my month up in New York, ugh. Cold weather. Yucky. I will be taking pictures of my SSCS 2008 gifts shortly and will post them on Thursday or maybe Wednesday night as the Aussie's will have already celebrated the holiday. I received amazing gifts. Unfortunately, I am not a needle work person. The only needle work that I can do by hand is needlepoint and some small amount of binding. All the ladies are so talented, so creative, so wonderful, my work cannot even compare. I hope I haven't disappointed Jo too much as she is one talented and creative woman. Well, off to watch some football, GO JETS!!! Have a happy, quilty day. Renée

No comments: