Monday, December 29, 2008

SSCS 2008 = gifts from my Secret Santa



Okay, we got so excited with the package, that we opened it up and tore open all the lovely packages inside. Vanessa sent along a really lovely letter along with all these lovely gifts. There was another one, but my Dad really loves licorice and he tore open that package as soon as the wrapping was off it. So they didn't last too long. I don't know if you can see the great koala fabric that everything is lying on, but I have been collecting anything koala for almost 30 years and this was such a wonderful surprise to receive. Vanessa sent along two other Australian fat quarters, but for the life of me, I don't remember where I put them. I have been trying to straighten up the den before my trip to NY, so I must have put them somewhere where I thought I would remember, but......We haven't had any of the Vegamite yet, I think we're scared, lol. I have been using the pin cushion, and I found two pins in it before I took the picture. It is a staple beside my sewing machine and I have another one that I received in another swap on my cutting table. And the wall hanging. What can I say? I don't think any picture can do it justice. Just beautiful. I am in awe. And it jingles. Vanessa put bells on the bottom of each panel. I have it hanging on a lamp shade right by by cutting table so I can see it all the time. I'm sorry I didn't take pictures of everything when they were still in the box or before I ripped into everything, but they were wrapped in red tissue paper with green ribbon bows, really pretty. Thank you so much Vanessa, I appreciated everything you sent and I really do hope that I can get over to your country before too long. This has been a really fun swap and I hope everyone has a very happy, healthy and quilty New Year. Renée

2 comments:

Jo in TAS said...

Hi Renee,
Thank-you for the lovely wallhanging. I haven't tried any small paper piecing yet, certainly looks fiddly! I'll find many uses for the lovely fabrics too. Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!
Hugs
Jo in TAS

Chookyblue...... said...

hi love the stitcheries that Vanessa sent you.........she does beautiful stitcheries.......thanks for being in the SSCS and just don't spread the vegemite to think......