Thursday, January 1, 2009

Fabric Changes in both mysteries




Okay, I admit it. I changed out the purple for brown, so the only color that is different in my quilt from Bonnie's is the blue for green.

Now, the fabric for Mystery Quilts has changed out altogether. This mystery calls for 3 different neutrals (of the same tone), one dark and three mediums. So I picked pink as my mediums, without knowing that I should have picked three totally different colors. Lesley was kind enough to let me know that I needed to change to the different colors and then she must have done something on the computer or something, because then she said that the pattern would come out with the fabrics that I had chosen. But, when there is a need for fabric, new fabric, Renee heeds that call. Joann's was having a sale and I needed a ruler for the Double Delight, so I had to go. As I got my ruler, the new Quiltmaker magazine, some pins (straight and for sandwiching) and I was walking around the aisles, where does my wondering cart go? Straight for the fabric. What could I do but follow? So I found a really nice chocolate brown to add to the two that I already had (but didn't have enough of) and then that yellow, green and pink batik started singing out to me. I had to get it. And from there it was easy peasy to find something that went with it. And the funny thing, the name of that batik is Large Wedding Rings, the magenta is called Tango Daisy and the green one is Scroll batik. So with the black and the neutrals, I think this should be a whopper of a colorful quilt. Way out passed my comfort zone. I am not changing it anymore. I probably won't be able to start it until I come home from New York anyway. That's it, I need to get back to sewing up those square in a square blocks for the Double Delight. I'm almost finished with clue 1-A and then on to cutting fabric for clue A-2. Have a great evening. Piece. Renee

No comments: