Sunday, January 18, 2009

I've Lost My Mind


I am leaving for New York next week for a month. I have started a mystery quilt with Mystery Quilts and I have decided to start a Perkiomen Daydreams Quilt from Bonnie Hunter's book, "Scraps and Shirttails...." I thought this would make a dent in my stash. It has not. You would think that you would use a lot of fabric, but when you start to sew and then you cut and then you sew some more, you realize that even though the pieces seem small, you aren't using that much fabric. There are 20 rows by 20 rows of 5.5" blocks in this quilt. I think I have two rows finished. I am trying to use different fabric in each of the blocks, but it is not working out that way. I can't stand to cut up all that fabric and I don't have as much red and yellow as I had thought. I am really going to have some serious withdrawal when I'm up in NY for the month. Thank goodness for the computer, at least I can vicariously see fabric through the internet. I'm sure that this stay in NY will pass so quickly that I will be bemoaning the fact that it wasn't long enough. Anyway, I've lost it and I hope it doesn't come back. Piece. Renée

No comments: