Friday, December 26, 2008

SSCS 2008

Here are the steps in my Secret Santa Swap gift for Jo in Tasmania. Even though it was paper pieced, it still came out wonky. The sashing was supposed to be flying geese, but I just couldn't work with such small pieces of fabric, so I ditched that idea and just used a regular sashing. I didn't have much in the way of Christmas fabric, so I used what I could find. I loved that holly fabric. I had this done in August and then just put if off to the side. Before I knew it, I was receiving e mails from Chookyblue and it was time to mail and I still hadn't finished it. Oh, what to do. So I attempted to quilt it myself, that was a big mistake. I wound up just tying it. And then to bind. What's a girl to do? I took the easy way out and I just pulled from the backing and sewed it to the front. I did the best I could with these fingers of mine. I hope the boat load of fat quarters I also sent will take the edge off the disappointment that Jo must feel getting my meager offering. So sorry. Renée













2 comments:

Vickie said...

OH my Renee,
I think you have done a dandy fine job oo your SSCS gift-I'm sure Jo would of been pleased to receive this or anyone else for that matter ,
cheers Vickie

Chookyblue...... said...

looks good from here........
....but I know how you are feeling when something is just not going as it should I get very frustrated with it and it usually ends up thrown in the corner......I am sure Jo will be happy your gift.....