Sunday, March 2, 2008

Been busy




Been a while since I've been here. My grand nephew, photo above, was here to visit. The visit was way too short and now I know why my brother loves this boy so much. This is Asher, the aphabet quilt is his.


What has Renée been up to? Let's see. I finished a backing for a Baby Genius quilt. Now it needs to go to the Long Armer. I finished an All Boxed up quilt for the great grandson of the cleaning people. That's it on top of Asher. I've taken a little creative liberty with it as they wanted his name on it and some Miami Dolphins (yuck!!!!). This too needs to go to the Long Armer and they are in a bag with backing and batting waiting for me to take them. I still have to put the borders on my CC #1 and then that will be ready for the Long Armer too. I made another All Boxed Up quilt for my niece. This one needs the borders too and that one will be ready for the quilter. I really need to learn how to machine quilt on my machine. I think I'm going to go up to my LQS and ask if anyone there will give me some lessons. My LA told me about someone there, so I really think I ought to get my tush up there and check it out. I love my LA, but it is costing a fortune to have all these quilts quilted and I should really do it myself.
I bought the new X Block ruler. My next "new" quilt will be one of those. I also want to try a disappearing nine patch that everyone is talking about. And my other niece wants me to make her a Harley Davidson/Motorcycle quilt. We have some of the fabrics, but now that I have found a pattern that I think she will like, we have to get some fabric.
I have taken out one of my UFO's to finish for my cousin. They moved down here from St. Louis a few years ago and my Mom wants me to make a quilt for them. I'll have to see how this one comes out. If I don't like it, I'll just make them an All Boxed Up quilt as that quilt goes together really fast. I did two of them in one day. Okay, they were the smallest size, but still. The one above was the second.
Gonna run now. Want to finish up some stuff. Keep the piece.

No comments: