Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Keep forgetting






I know its been a long time since I've posted. I keep forgetting about this. I'm really new to this blogging stuff and I really must try to remind myself to post.


I'm almost finished with CC#1. I need to cut the borders and sew them on and then take the quilt to the LA. I've finished three baby quilts in the meantime and took them to be quilted, but my LA has just had surgery, so I will try again next week. All are gifts. I've also started a Quilt of Valor mystery quilt. This one is almost done and then the new Orange Crush Mystery Quilt from Quiltville will be starting. Picked my fabrics for that one and hopefully they will look good together. I've also decided to do a sampler quilt with most of my fabrics. I must say, not too bad. It is mostly pink, purple and green with the backgrounds of white, cream and neutral. I'm doing 12" blocks, so I don't know how big this will be. I found a site that has block patterns and I'm going down the list in alphabetical order, doing just the two color blocks. I'm almost done with the B's. This quilt will be for me as I've done all these other quilts and gave them away as gifts. I need to have one on my bed.


My daughter and her husband are coming down to Florida for a few days. They love the New York Mets and the Mets will be opening with the Marlins on Monday here in Florida, so they killed three birds and will be visiting family; going to the Met game and celebrating Alex's birthday. Can't wait to see them. Unfortunately, these trips are too quick and too few between. Don't know when I will see them next.


I've posted some pictures. One is a picture of my fabrics for the Orange Crush Mystery Quilt and the others are some of the blocks for my sampler quilt. Enjoy.






No comments: