Saturday, May 17, 2008

Four New Finished Quilts

I really can't stand the fact that I cannot figure out how to get my pictures where I want them. So I will try to let you know what all these pictures are. The Winnie the Pooh up there is the back of a baby quilt for Ally's friends Louise and Matt who are expecting their first child in June.

This is a quilt for the great grandson of the couple who clean our house. Believe it or not, it is the same pattern as the Pooh quilt, only this one has the name of the child on the left side, Dylan, and then the rest of the quilt.
This is the back of the Dylan quilt. It is white letters on green fabric.
This is a quilt that I made with the Moda fabric called Cornucopia. It is for my cousins who have just moved down here to Florida.
This is the back of my cousins quilt. I just love this fabric and I am so glad that I have some left over to use in a quilt that I will eventually make for myself.
This is a Baby Genius quilt for my nephew Ben. He was born in January.
This is the back of the Baby Genius quilt. I had four fat quarters left and all these squares left over, so because I didn't have anything else, I just sewed them all together and created the back.
This is the front of the Pooh quilt for Louise and Matt. I think they are having a boy and his name is going to be Gavin, but don't quote me. Trying to remember all the things that Ally tells me is quite hard.


I signed up to take a T-Shirt quilt class and I am waiting for Ally to send me the t-shirts that she wants me to use for the quilt. Yes, I am making this one for her. I was over at the LQS that is giving the class and I was going to get some of the stuff that I needed for the class, but they told me to wait, so I'm waiting. I also found out that the class is at the end of June not the beginning, so if Ally didn't send me the shirts yet, she has time. I also signed up for two other classes, a machine quilting class and a machine applique class, and I am going to use my Bernina for these classes. So, instead of taking those Mastery classes, I'll just take all these kind of classes. I really just want to learn how to use the Bernina to do quilting stuff, I don't really want to learn how to put in a zipper, cause I don't make clothes, I want to learn how to use the Bernina to make and finish quilts. I guess I will now. Can't wait. Keep the piece. Renée


4 comments:

Amanda said...

I know what you mean about placing the pictures. I've hunted through Blogger for some help to no avail. You end up spending so much time re-arranging your typing to fit round the pictures. Great quilts, I'm sure they'll be much appreciated. I'm planning on buying a new machine later this year, and I hope I can find some classes to help me maximise its use. Have fun learning.

Gina said...

I love the quilts.

If you click on a picture it will be surrounded by squares. You can then drag it to where you want to place it. Be warned though, the picture won't actually move until you have taken your finger off the mouse. All that moves is a little grey box. I hope this helps a little.

love and hugs xxx

Phyl said...

My are you ever the busy one:). Gorgeous goodies.

annie said...

i am so impressed with your color usage. wow. beautiful.
annie brown