Tuesday, May 27, 2008

No New Job, Yeah!!!

Okay, here's the deal. I didn't have any idea what this job was about. My Mom's friends' daughter works there and she mentioned that they were looking for people, but she never did say what they did. It seems that this company "sells" enrollments into a program for diabetics and people who have respiratory problems. There is no money involved, insurance, Medicaid/Medicare would take care of it. But you have to get people to trust you enough to give you their Social Security numbers. I know I would NEVER give out my SS # over the phone, not EVER. So this is a really hard job. And to tell you the truth, I am not good on the phone. As a matter of fact, I HATE it. It's one thing to call someone who is expecting you to call and its a whole other thing to call someone cold. Not my cup of tea.

Now to get back to quilty things. Thanks so much for the comments about my blocks. I sometimes wonder about my color combo's, but then I try to "hear" Bonnie talking about how it doesn't matter, its my quilt and I can do what I want. I was tempted to use a different, brighter green, but then I decided that those oranges are so bright that I would just overload the quilt with brightness, so I stayed with my first choice. I also have started a Blue Ridge Beauty, and am now using it as a leader/ender. All the pieces are cut, now it is just how long it will take for me to sew them all up and then together. I do have the pattern from the magazine, but I really don't want to make it as big as it is there, and they do have directions for smaller ones, but all they tell you is how much fabric you need and how many blocks, not how many pieces. So I will sew up what the directions say, and then when I go to put it together, I'll only do it for a smaller one. Maybe I can get two out of it instead of only one.

For all of you guys on the other side of the pond who were curious about our election process, all the pundits are saying that this primary process is going to be over by the middle of June and then the Democratic Party candidate will be decided at the Convention to be held in August in Denver. But with all that, I am pretty confident that I can say that Barack Obama will be the Democratic Presidential Candidate and he will start the main campaign before August, as he needs to do as Mr. McBush, oh, sorry, McCain, has been campaigning for a long while.

Now I am going to get back to my piecing, which is a whole lot more fun than working. Keep the piece. Renée

No comments: