Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Photo experiment


I love looking at other people's blogs. Gives me ideas for mine. I saw that someone was taking pictures with their block on a skirt hanger. Someone else had their block on a tile floor. Lovely. But the hanger gave me an idea. Maybe it would be easier to take a picture if the block was hanging instead of laying down on a table. So this is my experiment with hanging the block up. I think it looks better this way. Please, leave your comments. This blogging stuff is very new to me and I really haven't gotten the hang of it yet. I still would like to figure out how to move the photos around so they aren't always on top. BTW, that's week three of the first quilt along with Amandajean. That's it for now. Keep the piece.

2 comments:

Candace said...

I agree with you, I like it hanging up. I also agree that blogging helps you learn from others by reading their blogs. I can't help you with the photo placement, I've only been doing this a month, and my pictures still have minds of their own.

Amanda said...

My little wall quilt is still hanging from the skirt hanger! I'm trying to work out a way of doing the job properly, as this seems like a cheap way of hanging a finished project - purchased hangers seem pretty expensive. I could put a small sleeve on the back and use a short pole, but I rather like the hanger. I agree - I've learnt so much from other people's blogs, and had lots of fun reading about other people's lives - and found some super links to other blogs and sites. The only way I've found of moving photographs is to drag them down, but even then it's not easy to fix in the right place.