Monday, May 26, 2008

New Job, UGH!





Tomorrow I start a new job. It is up in Boca Raton, which is north of where I live. Now that gas is up to $4 a gallon, I don't know if I am going to be able to afford to take the job. If all the money is going into the gas tank, and not into my fabric stash, then why should I take it? I guess I'll find out more tomorrow.


I finished clue #5 of Bonnie's Orange Crush (Pink Grapefruit Crush for me). I was furiously piecing all day today and finally finished the last of the 4 corners a little while ago. I've posted pictures, they are probably up on top. The album blocks are 5 different oranges, but the rest of the triangle blocks all have the same orange fabric in them. I have some of the step 2 blocks left over. Some of the ladies in the group were saying that they did too. We are wondering if Bonnie is going to use them in something else. I guess we will have to wait for the next clue.
I've also cut up some blue and cream fabric to make the Blue Ridge Beauty that everyone has been talking about. I've been doing it as a leader/ender and I have quite a ways to go. But I do find that the leader/ender method sure does keep the waste of thread down to a minimum. I love it.
Going to bed now. If I don't post in a while, it's because it did pay for me to take the job and I'm too tired to type. Have a wonderful week and keep the piece. Renée

3 comments:

Amanda said...

It's fascinating to see all the blocks coming together on the different blogs. I'm not convinced about my own colours yet, so I'll just have to wait and see once it comes together. I know what you mean about the cost of petrol - I just heard on the news this morning that it has now reached £1.20 a litre here in the UK, which is horrendous. I don't think I'll be going anywhere that I can't walk to. I do hope that your new job works out for you.

Gina said...

I love the blocks. Nice and bright, just as I like them.

Good Luck in your new job

love and hugs xxx

Quilter Kathy said...

Great job on the step 5 blocks!
Good luck with the new job - hope it doesn't take away much of your quilting time/energy!