Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mother's Day Fruit Bouquet

My darling daughter and her husband sent my Mom and I a very beautiful edible bouquet basket of fruit. Stupid me did not take a photo of it. It was pineapple flowers with a canteloupe center, grapes on a stick and chocolate covered strawberries. We were so excited about eating the fruit that I just took the whole thing apart and then said, shoot, I should have taken a picture. Anyway, I didn't and it was really lovely and I sent her an e mail and I thanked her profusely and then told her that for my birthday I would really prefer to have a gift certificate to one of the local quilt shops, lol. She was a good sport about it and thanked me for telling her so far in advance (4 months). So, hopefully, for my b-day, I will have a gift certificate to one of the LQS. So I'm doing Amandajean's star quilt along and today or was it yesterday (?) she put up the directions for the filler blocks. Today I cut them up and now I am sewing them together. Scrappy, can't get away from scrappy. Bonnie influence. Did you see her (Bonnie's) studio? She took pictures and its up on her blog. Quite a room. Lovely, beautiful and I wish I had that space to do that. Oh, well. Going to bed now, for some reason I am very tired today. Yankees won. Keep the piece. Renée

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Lucky you. We had Mothers' Day here in the UK back in March and I plant from one son and a bag of different 'nibbles' from the other. And they both managed to get here for lunch which was great. Do you have Fathers' Day? We do, but only over the last few years and it doesn't seem to have so much importance.

Anonymous said...

I'm beginning to think that fruit bouquets are the way to go! I just say directions for one at www.ediblecreations.blogspot.com and I think I'm going to try to make one.