Monday, May 5, 2008

Stuff I found in the boxes


So, I spent part of the weekend looking through the stuff in the boxes from the POD. Found some needlepoint canvas' that I thought I would do, but now I can't. Offered them to some friends and waiting to hear back on what they want. I also found this sign. Don't remember where I got it, but there it was in one of the boxes in amongst a pile of some stuff. Since you really can't see what it says I'll tell ya. "SYMPTOMS - Continual complaint as to need for snuggling under a handmade quilt. Patient has bland expression, sometimes deaf to spouse and kids. Has no taste for bedspreads or electric blankets. Hangs out at Quilting Bees. Mumbles to self "Log Cabin", "Double Wedding Ring", "Ohio Rose". NO KNOWN CURE. TREATMENT - Medication is useless, Disease is Not Fatal. Victim should attend as many Quilt Shows and Quilt Shops as possible." Now that I've read the bottom of the sign, it is from Calico Square, Inc. in Sea Cliff, NY. Not too sure if that store is still there or not.
I also have two full legal sized boxes of fabric. Lots and lots of florals. And there was one box that still had fabric medleys (fat quarters)in the plastic bags from Keepsake Quilting. Here is a list of those:

Dogwood Blossom; Happy Hanukkah; Tone on Tone; The Jinny Beyer Anniversary Collection; Cozy Cottons; Vintage and Vogue; April Showers; The Calico Collection; Radiant Red (ugh); Victorian Charm; Circus Clowns; Country Store Colors; Country Estate Elegance; Floral Scrap Bag; Novelty Nostalgia; Verandah Medley; Summer Refresher and Fall Reflections.
I was able to put some into my QOV stash; my ugly swap stash; and the rest are still in two boxes for me to go thru and separate into where I want to put them. I've used some of the more pink florals to make the 2.5" squares that I need for the border on Amandajean's first quilt along quilt. I've cut them all out and now I've been sewing them together. If I had looked at this part of the quilt first, I could have been doing leaders/enders all the while, oh well.
Guess I'll just mosey on over to those boxes now and do some sorting. But I'll tell you, the fabric now is so much better. In terms of the fabric itself and the patterns and the colors. This should be quite a chore. I'm going in. Keep the piece.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh, well done you! You have been busy sorting. I love the sign - we should all have a copy in our sewing rooms. Have fun with the rest of the sorting - you should be feeling pretty noble when it's all done.

“Old World Goodies” said...

Oh, I love the Quilt Pox sign...
thanks for the comment you left, and yes you are right it feels good ....trying to keep myself very busy ....being on the NO BUY and STASH BUSTING challenge ...
seams like you've been busy too

Happy Quilting and Mothers Day