Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Unbelieveable

Okay, this is going to sound really crazy. My aunt gave me a gift certificate to Macy's. Because I really don't like going to the mall, I've been putting off going for a really long time. Today I went. I walked around and around and around and believe it or not, could not find anything to buy. First I looked at bras, I could use some new ones. Didn't think $30 was reasonable for a bra, should be less, so did not buy. Then I went over to the shoes. Now, this should be a cinch, I love shoes. Nope, not a one that I felt like buying. From the shoes I moved over to the handbags. Okay, now we're cooking with gas. Around and around I went, nope, nada, nothing. Then I went over to the clothes. This shouldn't be too hard. Again, nothing. So, since I was having such wonderful luck finding something to buy, I left and went home. Now, if it was a fabric shop that I was in instead, I wouldn't have had a problem in finding something to buy. I would probably be putting stuff back because it would be too much. So that's it. Now I have a headache and I'm going to lie (lay, whichever) down for a while. Maybe I should eat something. Keep the piece.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh dear, sounds just like me when it comes to shopping. I don't much like it when people give me vouchers for my birthday, because I can never decide. Book tokens now, that's different. No problems spending those.

Gina said...

I'm the same as Amanda. I can't pass a book shop without buying something. Fabric shops are the same obviously. Clothes shops are a different story. I hate clothes shopping and only go when I absolutely have to.

love and hugs xxx

Julie said...

I feel this way too. I can't understand why people who claim to KNOW me (like Mom, sister, MIL, etc) give me jewelry, (I rarely wear any) scarves, (never worn one) and other equally useless things when what I always am hoping for is a quilt shop gift certificate! LOL Hints don't seem to help either. And I too hate clothes shopping.