Saturday, January 12, 2008

Some more photos






Asher is my first grand nephew (I have two grand nieces). Here are some photos of some other things that I am working on. I do have lots and lots of UFO's (unfinished objects).

The dreidel on top was an experiment and it didn't turn out all that bad. Now I just have to find a backing and I am going to experiment with hand quilting to see if I can do it. Under the dreidel is a Jo Morton quilt from Quiltmaker magazine. There are 36 star blocks in this quilt with a sashing of flying geese. Each star has a different brown fabric in it. This one is still a WIP (work in progress). After the stars is a picture of my sewing machine and the computer desk that it sits on. I wish that the keyboard slide was a little bigger when I pull it out cause that would be a great place to put the sewing machine while I sew, but it is not sturdy and it is made of glass, so I'm afraid that it will fall, so I just keep the machine on top of the table. After the sewing machine are the Ohio Star blocks for Bonnie's Carolina Crossroads Mystery Quilt. These are the blocks that I trimmed to 9 inches and they were supposed to be 9 and a half, so I made two more. Good thing this is a scrappy quilt and I have lots and lots of scraps, cause I was able to create the new blocks still using scraps. Goody for me. Anyway, back to sewing as now I know how to add photos to each blog. Never to old to learn new things I always say. Keep the piece.

2 comments:

Marla said...

Your blog looks great! I have a friend that lived in Tamarac for many years....small world

Tazzie said...

Your blocks are looking wonderful, I love the colours you've chosen, bright and pretty.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)