Monday, January 28, 2008

Withdrawal

I haven't sewn a seam in nearly a week. I haven't cut a piece of fabric in almost a week. I have, however, put together the bargello bowl fabric that I need to press and cut for super bowl Sunday. My Dad has shingles, so I have been regulated to taking my Mom to all her appointments; shopping for food, etc. And I also cook all the meals. By the time I get done, I am pooped. So it has been to bed early for me, and that means I am in bed at 10PM but I don't fall asleep until after one. I'm going to need a vacation soon, lol. I'm not really complaining, but it is a lot of work. I'm hoping to be able to start to sew together the black, white, pink one tomorrow and then I can get the fabric together for the bargello bowl quilt. And I still have to get this den straightened out so that when my niece comes down from NY with the baby, we will have a place to sit around and gab. All my UFO's are in plastic grocery bags all over the room that I must put away. Or finish. I guess I will have to get a book on machine quilting using a sewing machine, not a long arm or a short arm or one of those really expensive sewing machines. Just an ordinary Kenmore, no bells, no whistles. Oh, well, that's it for now. Keep the piece.

1 comment:

kt said...

it's hard to stay focused on fabric and cutting, knowing that the giants are going to kick butt on sunday!! :) my plans are to punchneedle while my DH and his friends are playing poker before the game... then stay focused once 6:17pm rolls around! go big blue!