Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Uh Oh - Long Arm Quilting

OMG!!! I might have stepped on some feelings with what I said in the chat. And I really am sorry if I offended anyone, I really didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. I understand the start up costs for opening up a business, whether it be in your home or outside the home. I also realize that those long arm quilting machines (with computer set up or not) are really, really expensive. And I really really appreciate all the time and work that the woman who machine quilted all my quilts did. I'm just sorry that it costs so much to have quilts quilted by the professionals. I love piecing, I love putting fabrics together to make up a quilt. I'm not very fond of quilting and its not a quilt if its not quilted. My days of making bed sized quilts are over. I made my daughter two quilts for her wedding and those two quilts alone, between the fabric and the quilting, were approximately $1,000. Since I am not working at the moment, and do not have anything in sight, I need to keep my costs down. I have a huge stash and I am trying to use my stash to make any new quilts. Although I did make a promise to myself that I would not start a NEW quilt this year, but only finish all the UFO's that I have all over the place. And I will, do the UFO's only. The only "new" quilts will be Bonnie's mystery quilts because they are so much fun and they are not so big that I cannot figure out how to quilt them myself. I really love this craft and the people that I have met through it. What wonderfully caring people quilters are!

I'm almost finished with the Ohio Stars for my quilt #2. I did the half stars and the quarter stars and I have nine star blocks to finish. Hopefully by Thursday I will have those finished so that I can start the process of putting these babies together to see what they are going to look like. I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone else's are going to look like too as the there are really no two quilts that are going to look the same even if the color way is the same. This is so exciting and now Bonnie says that she might have another mystery ready for us in April. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO can't wait. Off now to finish my Ohio Stars. Keep the piece.

1 comment:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I wouldn't sweat it. I don't think you stepped on too many toes and we all have our own opinions of what is "expensive" and what is within our own personal budgets. On the mystery quilt front...hasn't this been fun?
Regina
http://bitnbyaquiltingbug.blogspot.com/