Tuesday, April 15, 2008

FINALLY GOT MY BERNINA

Well I did it. I finally got my Bernina. I went into my LQS and asked them what machine I could get with BSR that cost $3500. They told me the Aurora 330, bottom of the rung of Berninas. But I said okay, sign me up and then she told me that they sold a top of the line Bernina last week and the woman was looking to sell her Aurora 330 with BSR and I said OMG, someone is smiling down on me. Janine called Gloria and left a message with my phone numbers and while I was still in the store, Gloria called and she told me the price and I said "SOLD". So Monday I go and pick up my old/new Bernina with BSR (its only one year old). Then in May I can take the classes at the LQS and learn how to use the BSR and then I can QUILT my own quilts. Renée is doing the happy, happy, happy dance. WOOHOO. Keep the piece.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Lucky you. I have machine quilted a couple of quilts, but my machine is pretty basic and they didn't bear close inspection. My birthday's coming up in August, so I think I need to start dropping hints pretty soon for a new machine.

Candace said...

I have an old 1130 Bernina, and I had an 830 that I gave my daughter. I loved them both, and I'm sure you will love yours, too. They are great machines, and it feels kind of like having a Cadillac (I think, I never had one).
By the way, I was tagged by Wendy, and I hope you don't mind if I pass it on. It's on 7 weird or random things about yourself. It kind of makes you think. You can see the rules on my blog
http://wraggedypatches.blogspot.com/ Thanks, Candace