Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Picked It UP




Okay, so I have been very busy cooking and cleaning and not sewing. I made 6 loaves of mandelbread, 6 loaves of mock kishka, one pound of chopped liver, 4 jars of gefilte fish, and 3 cups of matzo balls. Oh, and I also made a roast beef and some candied yams. I am so full, I don't think I want to eat for a while, lol. That was Friday, Saturday and Sunday.


Monday I finally went up to Boynton Beach and picked up my Bernina. That's it up there. While I was up North, I went to a new quilt shop, My Quilt Shoppe. Very lovely store and very nice women running it. They were so helpful with me. I wound up buying some more fabric, what else is new.
Today I took my friend to the airport. She is flying back to Staten Island. I will miss her. I also went to the Post Office and finally mailed out my entrance fee into the Stash Quilt Challenge. I need to go back to the PO tomorrow because I have a package for Bonnie.
I also was able to finish my clue #2 for my Pink Grapefruit Crush quilt. Photo under the Bernina. Now we wait for the next clue. Can't wait. In the meantime, I am going to finish the 30 snowball blocks for a friendship quilt through Eons, I have 5 done. And I am going to do Tanya's alphabet from Bonnie's Quiltville site. I bought an Alphabet Soup Quilt pattern, but it was with pastel fabrics. Since I don't know what the sex of the baby is, don't know if there is a baby yet either, I have decided to do the quilt in black and white. So my letters are going to be black with white dots, stars, etc. and the background is going to be white. I've pieced the letter "T" and when I finish the rest of the snowball blocks, I will finish these blocks. And I have also signed up to take two quilts courses. One of them is the classes that you get to take when you buy the Bernina and the other is a class on machine quilting without the Bernina's BSR. I haven't taken the Bernina out of the case yet, I don't want to play until I know how to.
I just put a load of clothes into the washer, and I am going to bed in a few. Have a good evening and keep the piece.


1 comment:

Amanda said...

Wow, you have been busy! Have great fun once you get going with your new machine (and do let us know how you get on, I'm hoping to buy a new machine later this year and am keen to pick up tips to help me decide on a model). And how could you possibly not buy new fabric to christen a new machine.